Competency & Safety
Technical Skills Training, Competency Assessments and Certifications are conducted in line with the professional bodies – the IWH; IRATA. The prescribed Construction Regulations standards encompassed in the Occupational Health and Safety Act are provided to all service staff:
- Internal – All staff undergo internal and refresher training to conform to both High Access Projects and Industry standards.
- Ladders – Staff are trained in the use of extension ladders and undergo fall arrest training outsourced to external accredited service providers.
- Scaffold Erection – Training is given to staff in the erection and dismantling of Access towers by accredited service providers.
- Rope Access Technicians – High Access Projects have Level 1, 2 and 3 Rope Access technicians who are trained by accredited external Rope Access providers registered with the IWH and / or IRATA.
- Moving Elevated Working Platforms (MEWP) – Mobile Platform operators receive ongoing training in the use of equipment ranging from 6 metre to 40 meter working at height units by accredited Service Providers.
- Refreshers – Staff are re-trained, assessed and certified in their respective fields of expertise as determined by industry regulations.
- Medicals and Security – All staff undergo medicals and security clearances annually.
When it comes to health and safety, we at High Access undertake to not only comply with legislation standards but to safeguard the health and safety of our employees, customers and patrons at all times when in a work-related environment.
Our Rope Access technicians are all equipped with SETA accredited certifications and are registered with IWH and IRATA:
Rope Access Levels 1,2 and 3:
- Level 1 – Rope Access Operator
- Level 2 – Rope Access Practitioner
- Level 3 – Rope Access Supervisor
- Inspections of rope access equipment is carried out by our Level 3 rope access supervisors
Our teams comply with mandatory Construction regulations, 2017.